The "One Light Many Candles" Program
As a companion to the readings, much of the musical material chosen refers to Love as the all-defining center of our lives. We have found the use of lyrical metaphor to be an especially important means of allowing each listener/attendee to interpret the spiritual messages of the music in personal terms.
In our presentations, we often employ sing-alongs to help build a community of participation. In that spirit, we particularly look to find songs in a variety of tempos that are engaging, that to some degree parallel the readings and upon later reflection, might even offer additional perspective.
* Provides a safe place for hearing and discussing challenging topics
* Brings together people who are interested in expanding their ideas about love and community
* Softens and opens the heart
* Reaches out to a diversity of thinking
* Invites collaboration
* Teaches us about our neighbors
* Offers us hope
* Makes us feel wonderful!